Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Turbo/actuator set ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Holset dealer sells a turbo with the actuator already mounted. This being the case I would not need to have Insite to set it up right? Just plug n play and I can swap it out on the road? OR do I still need to separate them and calibrate it? I’m of the thinking the actuator is calibrated to the turbo not the truck.
Yup the actuator is calibrated to the turbo.

Personally even straight from the dealer I'd still take it apart an calibrate it
That would be nice to be able to do that however my laptop with the Insite on it is at home
Its probably OK an would be fine, I just dont have much faith in the parts makers and would give that extra piece of mind too check it myself
What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?
(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote: [ -> ]What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871
(10-27-2017 )Grizzly Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote: [ -> ]What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871

Is that USD? HOLY CRAP THAT Is HIGH!! - Someone is taking you for a ride if you ask me.
That's sounds like canadian it's close too the prices I was getting last year when I was pricing out a turbo up here. We get raped on a lot of parts pricing up here, then ya throw on $115+ an hour labour(I've heard as high as $175 in western canada). Its getting hard too keep any money in the ol wallet.
You got a brand new OEM turbo for the 871? All I could get was a reman, was told they stopped making new for the 871, RX Turbos only. Sounds like they are now available, eh?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's