Turbo/actuator set ?
10-26-2017, (Subject: Turbo/actuator set ? ) 
Turbo/actuator set ?
Holset dealer sells a turbo with the actuator already mounted. This being the case I would not need to have Insite to set it up right? Just plug n play and I can swap it out on the road? OR do I still need to separate them and calibrate it? I’m of the thinking the actuator is calibrated to the turbo not the truck.
replyreply
RE: Turbo/actuator set ?
Yup the actuator is calibrated to the turbo.

Personally even straight from the dealer I'd still take it apart an calibrate it
replyreply
That would be nice to be able to do that however my laptop with the Insite on it is at home
replyreply
Its probably OK an would be fine, I just dont have much faith in the parts makers and would give that extra piece of mind too check it myself
replyreply
What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
10-27-2017, (Subject: Turbo/actuator set ? ) 
(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871
replyreply
(10-27-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  
(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871

Is that USD? HOLY CRAP THAT Is HIGH!! - Someone is taking you for a ride if you ask me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
That's sounds like canadian it's close too the prices I was getting last year when I was pricing out a turbo up here. We get raped on a lot of parts pricing up here, then ya throw on $115+ an hour labour(I've heard as high as $175 in western canada). Its getting hard too keep any money in the ol wallet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
You got a brand new OEM turbo for the 871? All I could get was a reman, was told they stopped making new for the 871, RX Turbos only. Sounds like they are now available, eh?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.