Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Exide batteries short life?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had some 1 year old exides crap out, one was actively venting and the other 2 had signs of leakage, anyone have input on if they're just crap batteries or?
What voltage does you alternator run at? Do you have an APU? If no APU are the batteries constantly getting drained by a fridge or any other electronics when the trucks not running?

all this plays a part in battery life. if the batteries are constantly being overcharged as some batteries like charging at 13.5v some like to be 14v cant remember which likes each voltage.
Like Lonestar said, and go around and check your cables and grounds under the truck. I was having all sorts of electrical issues and discovered bare copper everywhere under the truck, it came like this from the factory. I replaced over 100 feet of cable and grounds. Problems went away.
Exide batteries just crap. The next day warranty ends battery is down.
Replaced with AGM from Sam's club 2 years warranty.
I do have an apu, cables look good, charges at 14.0 volts, I use a start capacitor so I can't say if they were getting weak. I was planning on replacing them in awhile with deep cycles but have not looked into it enough. When the batteries were replaced I did disconnect the line for the jump posts, don't know how much truth there is to it but I've heard they can short.
If your system is good, and charging, I would go with the AGM batteries that Snailexpress mentioned. Much better all the way around and should last for quite awhile. I have not had any luck with the regular batteries like yourself. AGM's, will be going back in my truck when these wet batteries tank.
Didn't Rawze say AGM batteries don't like over 13.5v or something like.
Reference URL's