Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Coolant leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How long should system hold 20psi
Help lol I've take pipe loose at back of egr cooler, its dry there
leave it 24 hours if it doesn't hold pressure at all you got a pretty good leak somewhere
24 hours, or at least over night. then check everything around truck, etc. next morning. Leaks show up the best after the truck has cooled off over night.

its normal to loose a few psi as the coolant drops in temperature over night. Otherwise, you should not be loosing too much pressure.
K thx, the egr cooler at rear seams dry but I'm not sure that was right end. Now I've created a pretty good air leak. Well I guess I'm just not meant to mechanic on my own truck. As much as I hate it, I guess it's off to KW tomorrow
if u don't start learning how to turn a wrench on that thing, your destined to always be broke and at the mercy of idiot ripp-off mechanics at the local stealers$its.
Yea I know, this just seems to be more serious than my degree of experience.
K its gonna be raining here most of the day, so it will probably be difficult to do much today. But if I continue trying to work on this.... I'm pretty sure I have a coolant leak, I think it's real possible it may be egr cooler. I did pull the pipe off back side near firewall. That appears to go back to intake side. What would i need to do to check further to see if it's the egr cooler leaking? This is 2013 2350 in a 2015 KW T680
Ask and you shall receive https://youtu.be/tNmQnAJzmVo
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's