Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: engine assembly lube
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It looks like amazons wait time on permatex 81950 (engine assembly lube) is too long, what other engine assembly lube do you guys use?? Lubriplate 105 also has a long wait time, but I can get Sta-Lube 3331 xtreme on two day prime...? Any experience with the Sta-Lube??
Walmart.com has ultra slick for 5.99 and free shipping, Says I could have it between Wednesday and Monday.
Thanks Tree98, I was looking on amazon, $5.99 also but delivery was into April! I had totally forgotten about Walmart.com. I’ll check it out.
also could check your local auto parts stores might pay a bit more but its already there.
I’ve seen ultra slick at Freightliner Converse, Tx !
Hopefully Your close by.
Stp oil treatment was my standard for years, never an issue
I've seen permatex engine lube at autozone, napa and all other big chain stores. They are still open in most shutdown states.
Check the auto parts store, I think we found it at Auto Zone, Slick Lube. Works like a champ, nice and sticky, made installing the lower end bearings a breeze.
ultra-slick assy. lube is typically my first choice. It is at a lot of places.

Vasoline petrolium jelly is also not a bad choice. I sometimes use this, especially if the engine is going to sit a while before being cranked that first time. I will not however use it in really hot (90+F) weather.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's