Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Code 2754 frequent regen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have code 2754 Engine Diesel Particulate Filter Intake Pressure Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range. So i have been fighting regen problems for the past month i have replaced Doser injector all the nox sensors due to a different code that had popped up for that. I have baked the dpf and doc and replaced the sensors on the cans. I have also replaced the CAC due to air leak and turbo actuator as well went bad bearing was leaking. I am thinking i need to replace the dpf or doc because when i baked them the regen i did after that the hg pressure was high already at 3.4. I drove for 3 to 4 days after that didnt do a passive regen till yesterday coming down from washington entered cali started a passive regen then 4 hours later did another passive regen and threw the code on 2754 both hg pressures were at 2.5 and temps were around 1100. The cans both were replaced at 500,000 miles now im at 936,000 wondering if they need to be replaced or maybe change sensors for egr tuneup, engine inframed at 350,00 head gasket was leaking. It takes 1.5 to gallons of oil between oil changes at 12-13k miles. Give me some advice guys i am tired of this thanks. Truck is 2012 Peterbilt 386 Mpg is 6 fully load 80k on i5 cali to washington
(09-12-2022 )Khalsa Wrote: [ -> ]Give me some advice guys i am tired of this thanks.

Demandate it using one of the trusted tuners on this forum.
(09-12-2022 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2022 )Khalsa Wrote: [ -> ]Give me some advice guys i am tired of this thanks.

Demandate it using one of the trusted tuners on this forum.

Unfortunately i live in commiefornia
Sounds like you may have excessive soot from the engine, could be many causes but my first place to look would be the egr system.

Most commonly your differential pressure ports will stop up and give false readings on the differential pressure sensor causing the egr valve to open and loose boost which in turn causes soot load.

The best place to start with an issue like this is an egr tune up…… especially if you’ve never performed one. You should have also got a printout of the dpf readings before and after cleaning. Also did you notice if the dpf had soot on both sides of the filter? If so it’s cracked and now junk but the shop that cleaned it should have noticed that. Just throwing some ideas out to you
When you had the DPF and DOC cleaned, did you perform a "DPF Replacement Procedure" in Insite to reset the soot estimate counters?.

If not then the ecm will assume the system is still clogged due to a soot-estimate counter that only counts up and not down.
Reference URL's