Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: KW T660 CM871 aftertreatment issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Error on dash:
1. Particulate trap 1 pressure
2. Boost pressure

I use Nexas Nexlink code reader and it reads as follows.
SD0324
FM=0 Data valid but above normal operating range-max
SD324 Particulate Trap Differential pressure bank 1

SPN0102
FM=2 Data Erratic, Intermittent or Incorrect.

I had the DPF filter cleaned. They said it was full. They remove 2 pounds of soot. They initiated a park regin after the cleaning but it will only heat up to 250 degree fahrenheit.

I then went home and inspected the doser Injector. I replaced it because it was clogged. I also replaced the 3 sensors on the intake side. (MAP, DELTA P, Temp) I also replaced the sensor that sits above the thermostat--it has a small tube that is connected to the exhaust manifold.

I then use Nexas Nexlink diagnostic tool to try to do a park regin but it will not initiate one. I am assuming this is due to the fault codes. I was not able to delete the codes.

The sensors I used to replace the old ones are from Amazon and E-bay because they were out of stock at the dealership. Can the sensors be the culprit?

The truck runs okay with no noticeable power loss.
I am planning to do a short 250 mile run and see how it behave under a load, then inspect the DPF filter and see.

Thank you for the help.
It very well could be the eBay and Amazon sensors. We have been catching hell finding a lot of sensors and have actually had to order a few used ones from vander haggs to get the trucks by till the ones we order from dealers come in. Your exhaust temps should reach way over 250 degrees just with the truck idling. That’s where you need to begin looking. It’s not going to initiate regen with exhaust temps that low.
Couldn't the temp sensor get easily damaged on a filter service? You should be able to pull it out and it with a torch.
Yeap it could. The beginners in the dealerships are the ones that get the work like pulling filters. Not to mention most mechanics at dealerships are there just for a paycheck. They could give a shi#t less if they bend a sensor “it will probably work”…… right?
Reference URL's