Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Road warrior dpfs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any luck with aftermarket dpf filters. {name removed} specificly.
Every time that I have sen someone use an after-market DPF, it only lasted about a year or so and had problems.

Apparently, they do not use nearly as much precious metals in them and it causes higher output NOx readings, resulting in over-working the DEF system, etc. and on the DPF-only systems, they have trouble making a proper regen cycle.

I have seen this about 6 or 7 times in the past.
Thats what I kind of was reading and seeing also. The amount of precious metals oem vs aftermarket makes total sense with the prices.
Stay away from, Aftermarket!
Speaking from experience (some customers don’t listen when you tell them which OEM parts to use) I’ve put a lot of that brand of dpf filters in….. I’ve had just a hand full last over a year. I’ve had a couple that lasted just a couple of months. When it came time for warranty to man up they avoided replacing the bad units, we all know that story lol. So would I use them? Hell yeah if my customer buys it…. I will also give no warranty on the labor for when it fails and they will know that up front. Would I buy one? No…. Unless I couldn’t find oem available and even at that I would plan on it failing.
I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.
Awesome feedback. I really appreciate it.
(01-12-2023 )Waterloo Wrote: [ -> ]I have been pricing these new OEM cans, they still want an absurd amount of monies for these things. If the old cans can be baked, I would do that, and then start saving up for a set of new OEM cans. Or, get rid of the issue all together.

Get rid of them!!!!!!!!!!!, and dont look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reference URL's