Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Modern engine into old truck?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any experiance putting a CM870 or similar engine (ecm) in an older truck?

I have experiance with the CM870, but am open to suggestions, and im thinking a mid 70's kenworth.

Any suggestions or direction would be appricated!

Cheers,

Jake
I’ve used kustom truck for harnesses to do swaps like this but the quality and service from them has went way down hill and for a 5000$ harness we shouldn’t have to rig shi#t to make it work. There is a company in Canada that builds the kits to do this that I have heard a lot of great reviews on. The last swap I did was on a cascadia with a dd15, we pulled it and put a ddec4 60 series back in. I ended up building a stand alone harness for the engine and making my own harness to operate the a/c, I then built a digital gauge cluster for the truck. Doing it this way is much easier than you would believe and I couldn’t imagine it would be too hard on a Cummins….. especially in an older truck.
If there is any way I might could help you figure out any of the things you may need to do just shoot me a pm with some contact info.
Thanks Bengy,

Whats the name of the company in Canada?

(04-29-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve used kustom truck for harnesses to do swaps like this but the quality and service from them has went way down hill and for a 5000$ harness we shouldn’t have to rig shi#t to make it work. There is a company in Canada that builds the kits to do this that I have heard a lot of great reviews on. The last swap I did was on a cascadia with a dd15, we pulled it and put a ddec4 60 series back in. I ended up building a stand alone harness for the engine and making my own harness to operate the a/c, I then built a digital gauge cluster for the truck. Doing it this way is much easier than you would believe and I couldn’t imagine it would be too hard on a Cummins….. especially in an older truck.
If there is any way I might could help you figure out any of the things you may need to do just shoot me a pm with some contact info.
C-a-I.net
Reference URL's