Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Leaking DOC at welded seam.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the dealer told me I have a leak at the welded seam of the DOC on a 2016 Peterbilt 389. They want ten thousand for a new one, which they also say they will inspect it and the DPF at the same time. Is it possible to just re-weld the canister at the seam at some other place? Does anyone know?
If it was mine I'd tig weld that bad boy shut.
(06-19-2023 )Nilao Wrote: [ -> ]If it was mine I'd tig weld that bad boy shut.

Thank you for the reply. The dealer doesn’t even suggest this option but doesn’t say it won’t work either. I just need to find someone who can weld and has some familiarity with the after treatment system.
I'd try a local reputable exhaust shop like for cars, they may take it on especially if they make custom cats and stuff.
(06-20-2023 )marek4792 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd try a local reputable exhaust shop like for cars, they may take it on especially if they make custom cats and stuff.

Great Suggestion, I have a 2002 CM570 and downpipe from turbo was $1000 special order from StealerShip’ I bought a down pipe in stock for $120 and brought it over to local muffler shop, 3 hrs later and $70 for labor.
Pipe Holding good and stong.
Reference URL's