Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: ISB CM2350 to CM2250
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone ! so i am in a dilemma i have a 2018 freightliner box truck that the CM2350 through a rod through the block . Mechanics are trying to figure out a way to use a CM2250 as a replacement ! any ideas on what parts need swapped over and more importantly what programming needs done and is anyone in here able to do the programming ?
Just stick the engine in the truck and use the 2350 ecm and harness. A file can be created to make the engine work as it should. If I’m not mistaken this isn’t the most legal way to repair the truck just fyi.
box truck?... Is it an ISX 2350?. .. and an ISX 2250?.

Maybe post the old engine ser# and the replacement engine ser#?.

If it is ISX to ISX then yes, its just like Bengy88 said above.

I can write the program to run the engine properly for it btw... I end up making program for of these type of situations a year.
(10-29-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]box truck?... Is it an ISX 2350?. .. and an ISX 2250?.

Maybe post the old engine ser# and the replacement engine ser#?.

If it is ISX to ISX then yes, its just like Bengy88 said above.

I can write the program to run the engine properly for it btw... I end up making program for of these type of situations a year.

They are ISB engines
(10-29-2023 )RXMobile Wrote: [ -> ]...
They are ISB engines

engine ser# for each?.
(10-29-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2023 )RXMobile Wrote: [ -> ]...
They are ISB engines

engine ser# for each?.

74160919-Replacement
73323134-Blown motor
(10-29-2023 )RXMobile Wrote: [ -> ]74160919-Replacement
73323134-Blown motor

Assuming you live in a country where it is legal to swap them willy-nilly like that ...

I have done plenty of ISX's like this, but not ISB, .. but it should be the same deal.

ISB2250 to ISB2350: I would think that the original (that came with the truck) wiring harness, ecm, etc. from the blown motor will run the new engine just fine. Might have to change fuel pressure sensor to the older version off blown engine I think though.

As far as the ecm programming goes, it should run the newer engine just fine, but a custom program will have to be written to accommodate the different compression ratio, different injector trim logic and several other things. Also, the injector trim codes from the replacement engine will have to be put in by hand using Insite before it is all said and done too.

I will need a copy of the old program that came out of it e-mailed to me, copied directly from the older engine's ecm, so that it has all the vehicle specific data in it already .. and only the engine ser# of the replacement engine, and you already have posted that.
Reference URL's