Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: code 2346 low power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have high count inactive code: 2346, This is post mandate removal. Only code there is. I'm going broke trying to get this thing fixed. People that did mandate revision are no help. I have inspected all air supply systems. I'm almost ready to cry.

I live in TN willing to bring it to credible shop. any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
what make/model engine?.. some history... who did the programming?... etc.etc.

code 2346 is usually the turbo inlet temp sensor reading higher than it should. Depends on make/model engine.

can be one of ... the sensor itself not connected, its going bad, or not reading correctly for various reasons including wiring issues or someone disabling it improperly with bad delete programming, etc.

or very often ... the turbo is overheating and the engine is flagging that sensor due to excessive heat absorption in the turbo itself. Excessive heat absorption can be cause by a lot of things including garbage delete programming, or maybe the exhaust clogged up and trapping/reflecting heat .. possibly over-spooling turbo for various reasons, etc.etc.

Copy the program from the ecm and e-mail it to me for a proper review of what someone did, and then you can go from there. No sense in chasing ghosts if the programming is part of the issue... and as well to have proper piece of mind that whatever someone did is not harmful to the engine long term.

ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945
2016 Pete 579 CM2350 450 HP 1850 TQ Mandate revision was preformed twice. Done soaked for over 6K trying to fix this. How do I get a copy of the ECM to you. I'm not very familiar with Cummins. Forgive my ignorance. I think both times the tunes where caned, and not specific to me. The person doing the tune was not on site.
(11-08-2023 )ttheriot Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get a copy of the ECM to you.

Click on the link at the bottom of the post above your last post.

You'll also need an inline 6 adapter and the cummins insite software, get version 8.7 here's a link to all that stuff from ebay, I'm not endorsing this particular seller just showing this as a reference.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225784256999?mk...media=COPY
(11-08-2023 )ttheriot Wrote: [ -> ]2016 Pete 579 CM2350 450 HP 1850 TQ Mandate revision was preformed twice. Done soaked for over 6K trying to fix this. How do I get a copy of the ECM to you. I'm not very familiar with Cummins. Forgive my ignorance. I think both times the tunes where caned, and not specific to me. The person doing the tune was not on site.

that's pretty sad considering you could have done it right the first time ... and pretty much for free.
(11-08-2023 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2023 )ttheriot Wrote: [ -> ]2016 Pete 579 CM2350 450 HP 1850 TQ Mandate revision was preformed twice. Done soaked for over 6K trying to fix this. How do I get a copy of the ECM to you. I'm not very familiar with Cummins. Forgive my ignorance. I think both times the tunes where caned, and not specific to me. The person doing the tune was not on site.

that's pretty sad considering you could have done it right the first time ... and pretty much for free.

Ttheriot brought his truck to me so could help him with Calterm etc.
I made a copy of his file and emailed to you.
(11-14-2023 )Smooth Wrote: [ -> ]...
Ttheriot brought his truck to me so could help him with Calterm etc.
I made a copy of his file and emailed to you.

Welcome to the bad delete club!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

The Program does not belong to the engine. It has incorrect settings for the injectors, compression ratio, pistons, cam, and everything else. This alone will cause a shortened engine life and far less than optimal fuel efficiency.

The de-mandate itself is the typical cookie-cutter garbage can hack-0slash found on those horrible auto-tuning wwwsites. No engine mode control re-mapping to prevent it form trying to operate the DPF, etc. was done whatsoever. Also, the sensor and other emissions systems faults codes are blocked from showing up even tho its throwing all of them ... instead of actually turning anything off properly. ti also has horrible injection timing, combustion settings, over-boosting and over-spooling turbo settings, and everything else set to destroy and take a heavy toll on the engine.

I can go over it in detail with them of the truck owner needs to see it first hand.

What a shame.
Reference URL's