Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Just purchased this truck with an isx...it's been demandated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got it home awhile back and have been working on it on and off and I have found so much knowledge about this engine here. This forum is awesome and thanks for letting me in. My concern is that this truck has been demandated and I haven't really ran the truck yet as there are some other things that need to be done to it. The truck is a 2009 Kenworth t800, it's only got like 244000 miles on it total. Egr and dpf are all still intact, I just want to know what I need to do to have a dependable, long lasting engine. After reading on here about crappy software on demandated trucks, it has me concerned. Thanks everyone!
yes, you should be very worried about that de-mandate program.

copy it out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for review.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid72945
I'm going to get the tools I need to pull it and send it to you as I don't have them, but I'm going to now, lol thank you
What would your recommendation be for a laptop/interface? And all the software I'll need? Sorry, I'm a newbie. We have 3 trucks with 12.7 Detroit's, 2 with an isx, and if there is anything software wise that will help me with cnh ag equipment would be a huge bonus. Thanks again!
(11-27-2023 )trahrens Wrote: [ -> ]What would your recommendation be for a laptop/interface? And all the software I'll need? Sorry, I'm a newbie. We have 3 trucks with 12.7 Detroit's, 2 with an isx, and if there is anything software wise that will help me with cnh ag equipment would be a huge bonus. Thanks again!

I would say a cheap inline adapter (abut $300 or so) for the cummins

The fake Chineesium cummins inline 5 or inline6 adapters work very well ... that is all
I have myself.. however...

,. but if you have other non-cummins trucks, then you should go to your nearest fleet-pride and buy an official Nexiq adapter at some point.
The fake Chineesium nexiq adapters are garbage that does not last very long before bricking.. so get an official one.

as far as laptop.. any cheapo-o win10 laptop that you can dedicate to engine stuffs only should do.
I just ordered the things I needed (I hope). As soon as I can, I will copy it off and send it to you, thank you for all of your help!
Reference URL's