Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: CM2350A help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Buddy stopped by to do some minor things after several days previous having a battery go bad and get to smoking he disconnected and drove here I'd say prob 3 days running 3 batteries and not shutting the truck off. Got here turned off the truck replaced 1 battery tried to leave the next day turned the key and nothing doesn't even attempt to start all lights function no problem battery says just over 14V but the ignition does nothing. The info panel on the dash says Engine 0 No Trans and ABS11. Got on quickserve and Insite checked all the faults theres 2272 0249 3328 3526 3714 we've since changed the other batteries checked and replaced all bad fuses looked at the PNDB module does that have a red light on it? is it right under the fuses will it be lite all the time all we see is a white lens no red light anywhere. We are at a loss at the moment trucks been blocking my driveway now for 2 wks as of tomorrow, Can anyone help or tell me who could before my wife either kills or divorcees me lol if you need more info just let me know

Thanks

Jamie
Many trucks only have 3 batteries ... so driving it and starting it with only 3 batteries for a while is not likely the issue.

maybe some wires got connected wrong?.

Make/model truck?... mileage, some history, etc?.
its a 15 Freightliner Cascadia X15 Serial#79796390 like 945k roughly w/ Eaton trans FO-16E3110C-LAS history not sure he just got the truck a several wks back I'm confused with the engine 0 and no trans on the instrument panel does this mean its in ROM Boot mode

Thanks
(01-26-2024 )JCTL Jamie Wrote: [ -> ]its a 15 Freightliner Cascadia X15 Serial#79796390 like 945k roughly w/ Eaton trans FO-16E3110C-LAS history not sure he just got the truck a several wks back I'm confused with the engine 0 and no trans on the instrument panel does this mean its in ROM Boot mode

Thanks

can you connect Insite software to the ecm and get the features and parameters?, fault codes, etc? . - If so then it is not rom-booted.
(01-26-2024 )Rawze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2024 )JCTL Jamie Wrote: [ -> ]its a 15 Freightliner Cascadia X15 Serial#79796390 like 945k roughly w/ Eaton trans FO-16E3110C-LAS history not sure he just got the truck a several wks back I'm confused with the engine 0 and no trans on the instrument panel does this mean its in ROM Boot mode

Thanks

can you connect Insite software to the ecm and get the features and parameters?, fault codes, etc? . - If so then it is not rom-booted.

yes I can get all the features on insite 8.9, how can test the power to the trans, i know i have it everywhere under the hood also is there a way to test the solenoid on the starter from the ignition so I've put my meter on the the starter itself but can I test it when turning key to start?
Also the reason I brought up the batteries is I heard that Freighliner is famous for the ECM wired straight to the battery. Any truth to that
(01-26-2024 )JCTL Jamie Wrote: [ -> ]Also the reason I brought up the batteries is I heard that Freighliner is famous for the ECM wired straight to the battery. Any truth to that

The ecm on all trucks has a power feed connection that is +batt constant on ... and another power feed that is that is ignition on.

How a particular truck maker decides to do this, and how thay feed that wiring varies widely though... and yes, some vehicle makers run the power +constant on, all the way to the batteries, but it will be thru a fuse of coarse. Most Pete's and KW's are like this (mentioned as "Spot#1 in this post)... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...05#pid3505
Do you have signal at the starter ? There are 2 solenoids a safety solenoid and the actual starter solenoid.

Safety wants to see truck in neutral and clutch switch unlatched. Check for power at the solenoids. Or just directly at starter input. If you have power it's the starter.

Bad or stuck starter would also fry battery's.
Reference URL's