Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Valvoline oil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a good deal on Valvoline Premium Blue 15w 40
Is it a good oil?
Plan to keep adding a galon of gear oil on every oil change
(10-07-2016 )sbtrucking Wrote: [ -> ]I got a good deal on Valvoline Premium Blue 15w 40
Is it a good oil?
Plan to keep adding a galon of gear oil on every oil change

I was told it has a decent additive package but a shorter package lifespan than other oils, making it necessary to have to change your oil more often to keep up with its deterioration rate compared to other brands. That is just speculation though, and I have never run that oil in my engine.

See how it rates here...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...66#pid7766

=====

Also, changing oil brands is not the best thing to do either. Find something reliable and consistent,.. stick to it. DON'T JUMP ON "GOOD DEALS" WHEN IT COMES TO OIL!-- RELIABILITY IS MORE IMPORTANT, OR THE FEW BUCKS YOU SAVE NOW MAY COST YOU IN THE END!

========

In my own truck, my oil does not turn black, but dark brown when it needs changing. I can use this to see how long it stays "yellow" at a time, and gauge how well the oil is doing. I tried Delo-400 and it is close to Rotella, but the rotalla in my engine stays "bright yellow" longer for longer periods of time for some reason. I use it because of this alone vs other brands, but someone else's results may be very different. i tell people to track their iron levels for 3 samplings and 3 oil changes,.. then after they switch brands,.. do the same and compare. -- Don't use "good deals" to buy your oil,.. use science and proven methods to make wise decisions instead.
thanks for the great advice Rawze,

Yea I want to try and stick to it if its good, I can get a 275 gal. oil tank with the gun 50' reel for $2200
How many trucks do you have because if it's only one that to me would be to much. I'm saying in terms of storage if the oil is in metal drums. Consider the condensation from the the weather hot to cold and cold to hot. Just something that comes to mind for any oil.
I have 4 trucks now, and partnered up with a friend on a yard with a small shop he has 7 trucks, I run team 5k miles a week so oil change every 3 weeks
Reference URL's