Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
J1939 Problem - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Trucks Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Thread: J1939 Problem (/showthread.php?tid=2031)

J1939 Problem - Prostar14556 - 08-15-2017

I think I may have screwed something up. Have a toggle switch to turn off/on body controller. Was a little pissed off at truck for typical 5018 regen code. Flipped the on/off couple times real fast, and now don't think my J1939 codes are reading anymore. I do not have insite or anything decent yet, just a ScanGauge. Usually it shows the J1708 and J1939 codes, now just the J1708 codes. If I clear codes while truck is off and restart truck it gives me a datalink error for the ecm one time then goes away. Any ideas on what I screw up?

RE: J1939 Problem - Rawze - 08-15-2017

Why would you switch power on/off for the body controller for a regen code? -- regen codes come from the engine ECM, not the body controller.

RE: J1939 Problem - Prostar14556 - 08-15-2017

Every now and then when I get the lovely triangle running down the road and I look at my codes and know it is wanting a parked regen, by the time I get parked it throws a code 5018 also, once this happens it will not do the parked regen. I don't know why but resetting the body controller will sometimes alleviate the 5018 and allow the parked regen to start.