J1939 Problem
08-15-2017, (Subject: J1939 Problem ) 
J1939 Problem
I think I may have screwed something up. Have a toggle switch to turn off/on body controller. Was a little pissed off at truck for typical 5018 regen code. Flipped the on/off couple times real fast, and now don't think my J1939 codes are reading anymore. I do not have insite or anything decent yet, just a ScanGauge. Usually it shows the J1708 and J1939 codes, now just the J1708 codes. If I clear codes while truck is off and restart truck it gives me a datalink error for the ecm one time then goes away. Any ideas on what I screw up?
replyreply
RE: J1939 Problem
Why would you switch power on/off for the body controller for a regen code? -- regen codes come from the engine ECM, not the body controller.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: J1939 Problem
Every now and then when I get the lovely triangle running down the road and I look at my codes and know it is wanting a parked regen, by the time I get parked it throws a code 5018 also, once this happens it will not do the parked regen. I don't know why but resetting the body controller will sometimes alleviate the 5018 and allow the parked regen to start.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.