Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Turbo/actuator set ? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other truck related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: Turbo/actuator set ? (/showthread.php?tid=2301)

Pages: 1 2 3

Turbo/actuator set ? - Grizzly - 10-26-2017

Holset dealer sells a turbo with the actuator already mounted. This being the case I would not need to have Insite to set it up right? Just plug n play and I can swap it out on the road? OR do I still need to separate them and calibrate it? I’m of the thinking the actuator is calibrated to the turbo not the truck.

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - ynot - 10-26-2017

Yup the actuator is calibrated to the turbo.

Personally even straight from the dealer I'd still take it apart an calibrate it

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - Grizzly - 10-26-2017

That would be nice to be able to do that however my laptop with the Insite on it is at home

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - ynot - 10-26-2017

Its probably OK an would be fine, I just dont have much faith in the parts makers and would give that extra piece of mind too check it myself

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - dhirocz - 10-26-2017

What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - Grizzly - 10-27-2017

(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - Rawze - 10-27-2017

(10-27-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  
(10-26-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  What did they quote you if you don't mind me asking? And is that a Cummins/holset actuator?

5161.61 +tax
Brand new Holset
No core
For a 2010 isx 871

Is that USD? HOLY CRAP THAT Is HIGH!! - Someone is taking you for a ride if you ask me.

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - ynot - 10-27-2017

That's sounds like canadian it's close too the prices I was getting last year when I was pricing out a turbo up here. We get raped on a lot of parts pricing up here, then ya throw on $115+ an hour labour(I've heard as high as $175 in western canada). Its getting hard too keep any money in the ol wallet.

RE: Turbo/actuator set ? - Waterloo - 10-27-2017

You got a brand new OEM turbo for the 871? All I could get was a reman, was told they stopped making new for the 871, RX Turbos only. Sounds like they are now available, eh?