Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Turbo sounds - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Turbo sounds (/showthread.php?tid=2844)

Pages: 1 2 3

Turbo sounds - alborz - 03-08-2018

Is that normal that turbo sound sometimes?
Specially when the 9outside temperature is cold?[/b]

RE: Turbo sounds - Chamberpains - 03-08-2018

Sounds like what?
My turbo sounds the same no matter what the ambient temp is. Its a CM870 air controlled HE551V

RE: Turbo sounds - alborz - 03-08-2018

It sounds like it spins at high speed. It is like that for short time . Maybe a minute then the sound goes away.

RE: Turbo sounds - Rawze - 03-08-2018

Maybe a boost leak?

RE: Turbo sounds - Nilao - 03-08-2018

If the truck is mandated the turbo closes for egr purposes as well as faster warm up. That will cause the turbo to spool up and sound like a jet engine sometimes lol

RE: Turbo sounds - JHNDZ - 03-08-2018

I've wondered the same thing .. how long is it supposed to spool like that ..? If it's trying to warm up until what temp should it stop ??
I feel like my truck is spooling all the time

RE: Turbo sounds - Chamberpains - 03-08-2018

Mine does it a lot on flat ground and when going down a hill. If it's not in warm up mode, I always figured it was spooling up in preparation for when the accelerator is used next. But I have no idea why it does it. Nor has it ever really bothered me.

RE: Turbo sounds - alborz - 03-15-2018

OMG
Now the turbo sounds like screaming
It makes me panic and gives heart attck

RE: Turbo sounds - Nilao - 03-15-2018

Mine has squealed for a while now. Usually if it hits 700 degrees and the boost goes over 25 psi. With almost 350k miles since I bought the truck and unknown mileage before I think it is just getting tired.