Turbo sounds
03-08-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
Turbo sounds
Is that normal that turbo sound sometimes?
Specially when the 9outside temperature is cold?[/b]
replyreply
RE: Turbo sounds
Sounds like what?
My turbo sounds the same no matter what the ambient temp is. Its a CM870 air controlled HE551V
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alborz
It sounds like it spins at high speed. It is like that for short time . Maybe a minute then the sound goes away.
replyreply
Maybe a boost leak?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
If the truck is mandated the turbo closes for egr purposes as well as faster warm up. That will cause the turbo to spool up and sound like a jet engine sometimes lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Zusky407
I've wondered the same thing .. how long is it supposed to spool like that ..? If it's trying to warm up until what temp should it stop ??
I feel like my truck is spooling all the time
replyreply
Mine does it a lot on flat ground and when going down a hill. If it's not in warm up mode, I always figured it was spooling up in preparation for when the accelerator is used next. But I have no idea why it does it. Nor has it ever really bothered me.
replyreply
03-15-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
OMG
Now the turbo sounds like screaming
It makes me panic and gives heart attck
replyreply
03-15-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
Mine has squealed for a while now. Usually if it hits 700 degrees and the boost goes over 25 psi. With almost 350k miles since I bought the truck and unknown mileage before I think it is just getting tired.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.