Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
My Cat rod bearings... - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: CAT, Detroit, and Other engine related Help... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Thread: My Cat rod bearings... (/showthread.php?tid=3245)

Pages: 1 2 3

My Cat rod bearings... - Brock - 06-24-2018

4 or 5 months worth of use on these rod bearings, left to right cylinders 1,2,3,4,5,6... I cleaned up 1 and 6 better to see.

2 through 6 all look the same but 1 seems to be wearing odd.... any ideas what's going on here and if it's a problem I can correct when I put new ones in?

Sorry I don't have a close up pic right now so you gotta zoom in.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Chamberpains - 06-24-2018

Theres no picture that I can see.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - tree98 - 06-24-2018

Right, no pics. Wouldn't the only thing that would cause more wear on just one rod bearing be a loose or tight bearing?

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Rawze - 06-24-2018

Just some more guesses here ...

Hammering of the bearing from ...

Possibly a bad injector causing detonation?

Possibly something wrong with wrist pin or wrist pin bushing?.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - redtick - 06-24-2018

Trash on the back side of the bearing?

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Brock - 06-24-2018

[attachment=3996]

Sorry guys, I'm a idiot....... here it is.

Motor had a full rebuild when these bearings were put in... new injectors and everything but the idiot mechanic didn't cut the counter bores which is why its opened up again.... got a real nice unilever's tune on it.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Rawze - 06-24-2018

(06-24-2018 )Brock Wrote:  Sorry guys, I'm a idiot....... here it is.

Motor had a full rebuild when these bearings were put in... new injectors and everything but the idiot mechanic didn't cut the counter bores which is why its opened up again.... got a real nice unilever's tune on it.

Looks like side-loading. Make sure you don't have a bent rod while your at it.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Brock - 06-24-2018

Ok, I'll check. They were brand new rods as well.... but that doesn't mean much these days.

RE: My Cat rod bearings... - Nilao - 06-24-2018

It's possible when they installed it the didnt make sure the road journal was free and not bound up. They should slide back and forth on the crank, if not the cap has to come off, bearing inspected for damage before you try again lol.