My Cat rod bearings...
06-24-2018, (Subject: My Cat rod bearings... ) 
My Cat rod bearings...
4 or 5 months worth of use on these rod bearings, left to right cylinders 1,2,3,4,5,6... I cleaned up 1 and 6 better to see.

2 through 6 all look the same but 1 seems to be wearing odd.... any ideas what's going on here and if it's a problem I can correct when I put new ones in?

Sorry I don't have a close up pic right now so you gotta zoom in.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: My Cat rod bearings...
Theres no picture that I can see.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Right, no pics. Wouldn't the only thing that would cause more wear on just one rod bearing be a loose or tight bearing?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Just some more guesses here ...

Hammering of the bearing from ...

Possibly a bad injector causing detonation?

Possibly something wrong with wrist pin or wrist pin bushing?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Trash on the back side of the bearing?
replyreply

Sorry guys, I'm a idiot....... here it is.

Motor had a full rebuild when these bearings were put in... new injectors and everything but the idiot mechanic didn't cut the counter bores which is why its opened up again.... got a real nice unilever's tune on it.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(06-24-2018 )Brock Wrote:  Sorry guys, I'm a idiot....... here it is.

Motor had a full rebuild when these bearings were put in... new injectors and everything but the idiot mechanic didn't cut the counter bores which is why its opened up again.... got a real nice unilever's tune on it.

Looks like side-loading. Make sure you don't have a bent rod while your at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Ok, I'll check. They were brand new rods as well.... but that doesn't mean much these days.

replyreply
It's possible when they installed it the didnt make sure the road journal was free and not bound up. They should slide back and forth on the crank, if not the cap has to come off, bearing inspected for damage before you try again lol.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.