Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Parts pricing mayhem. - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Things that may help others... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Parts pricing mayhem. (/showthread.php?tid=4813)

Pages: 1 2

Parts pricing mayhem. - Lonestar10 - 07-17-2019

Had the top break off one of my air cleaners today so i priced out new ones. The single air cleaner frame is $650 for that part or you can buy the kit for $550 that is picture. No sense at all

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - kryten - 07-18-2019

Back about 2000 I needed track rod bushings for my Pete. At the dealer they wanted something like $95 per bushing and I then would have had to change them out. Or I could buy the whole track rod with bushings already installed for $180. Makes no sense that I could ever come up with.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - RyanC - 07-18-2019

Tie rod ends are like that a lot of the time. Buy the whole tube with 2 new tie rod ends for barely more then 1 end costs. And you dont have to get both ends unfrozen.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Signature620 - 07-18-2019

Single speed Horton fan hub assemblies are minimum $2,500. You can overhaul them with a super duty kit for $6-800 in parts and all you reuse is the pulley and the stub/shaft that bolts to the engine.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Unilevers - 07-18-2019

(07-18-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  Single speed Horton fan hub assemblies are minimum $2,500. You can overhaul them with a super duty kit for $6-800 in parts and all you reuse is the pulley and the stub/shaft that bolts to the engine.

i agree i rebuild a ton of these what horton charges is crazy for what the actual cost of doing it is.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Nilao - 07-18-2019

I'm about to put a bearing kit into my kysor hub. At 1 million miles I consider it preventative maintenance. If I get the whole hub from international it's a little over $1000...the bearings from Napa...$97...go figure.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Chamberpains - 07-19-2019

Nilao, be careful with the heavy duty spring in the hub. There is a cage tool for them and they are a strong one.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Nilao - 07-19-2019

Not the hub the fan mounts to, the hub the clutch assembly mounts to that has the pulley. It is only 2 bearing held in with clips. The are pressed in with an arbor press.

RE: Parts pricing mayhem. - Lonestar10 - 07-19-2019

Yeah got my new best fit radiator installed 680 bucks also came with the 8 slide pin bushings and the 4 slide pins. International wanted 2000 for the rad and $35 per bushing and idk what for pins.

Only problem with new rad was all the 2ndary ports for trans cooler/pitcock/hose to plastic tank we're about 1 inch off so had to cut some peices out of radiator cage frame by pitcock and hose to tank. Didn't care about trans cooler ports as I had an air cooler installed instead