Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
fan clutch - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: fan clutch (/showthread.php?tid=5621)

fan clutch - slowpoke - 12-27-2019

cm871 noticed today fan not turning when engine is running, at any speed, fan switch works and locks it up fine and running the a/c kicks it on. it use to always be turning whenever engine was running for 9 years now, just not very fast. its a borg warner k32 on/off. does this mean its on its way out. truck had been sitting over a week hoping something is stuck. all original over million miles on it.

RE: fan clutch - Mattman - 12-27-2019

Would guess it has been lazy spinning due to internal friction.

If it has a million miles on the fan clutch I would be wondering when it was going to fail and send the fan thru the radiator.

RE: fan clutch - Rawze - 12-28-2019

If the fan clutch has a million miles on it, i would replace it first signs of questionability. - it has lived a full life. - Mine usually make it about 800k miles or so at a time.

If ti fails and comes apart at speed,.. its $4,000 or more in repairs of the front end and radiator assy.

RE: fan clutch - slowpoke - 12-28-2019

so swapped out fan clutch with new one. only took about 1 1/2 hours on a lonestar. aired up the old one on bench just to see, spins freely no drag at all. new one spins fan all the time like it should. Thanks again