fan clutch
12-27-2019, (Subject: fan clutch ) 
fan clutch
cm871 noticed today fan not turning when engine is running, at any speed, fan switch works and locks it up fine and running the a/c kicks it on. it use to always be turning whenever engine was running for 9 years now, just not very fast. its a borg warner k32 on/off. does this mean its on its way out. truck had been sitting over a week hoping something is stuck. all original over million miles on it.
replyreply
12-27-2019, (Subject: fan clutch ) 
RE: fan clutch
Would guess it has been lazy spinning due to internal friction.

If it has a million miles on the fan clutch I would be wondering when it was going to fail and send the fan thru the radiator.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: slowpoke
12-28-2019, (Subject: fan clutch ) 
If the fan clutch has a million miles on it, i would replace it first signs of questionability. - it has lived a full life. - Mine usually make it about 800k miles or so at a time.

If ti fails and comes apart at speed,.. its $4,000 or more in repairs of the front end and radiator assy.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: slowpoke
12-28-2019, (Subject: fan clutch ) 
so swapped out fan clutch with new one. only took about 1 1/2 hours on a lonestar. aired up the old one on bench just to see, spins freely no drag at all. new one spins fan all the time like it should. Thanks again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.