Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Screaming Truck - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Screaming Truck (/showthread.php?tid=5626)

Pages: 1 2

Screaming Truck - 74bassman - 12-28-2019

On Saturday the 21st in OK my truck sounded like it was screaming at me. I thought it sounded like a balloon that someone was letting the air out. I got the truck home on the 23rd, and started to trouble shoot. I ended up replacing the fan clutch it had over a million miles on it. This isn't the issue. Yesterday the 27th I took the truck to Rawze's , and we took the turbo apart. Nothing going on the inside of the turbo. So, the way home I stop by Peterbilt here in Jackson to get a turbo mounting gasket. This morning I decided to start replacing the the turbo gasket. I took off the air cleaner the whole assembly, and saw a broken bolt on the intake. I took off the "EGR hot pipe" that goes down to the EGR valve, and it is full of sledge. What will cause this, and how do i fix that.

RE: Screaming Truck - Signature620 - 12-28-2019

Is this engine demandated or factory? If demandated then it is likely moisture/condensation mixed with old carbon - Nothing to worry about as there is no flow through that pipe. If it is factory then it is likely you have a leaking EGR cooler.

RE: Screaming Truck - 74bassman - 12-28-2019

This is 871 demandated.

RE: Screaming Truck - hhow55 - 12-28-2019

Palmolive dishwashing liquid works, cleaning it up.

Where on quick serve can I look up torque specs?

RE: Screaming Truck - Waterloo - 12-28-2019

(12-28-2019 )74bassman Wrote:  Where on quick serve can I look up torque specs?

In Quickserve go to the ISX manual, then to engine assembly. It should be under Intake and you will find the specs.

I click on service, and see manuals but not for the engine assmbly.

I see it.

RE: Screaming Truck - Waterloo - 12-28-2019

You may have to poke around, but they are there, I just had my intake side apart inspecting it...