Screaming Truck
12-28-2019, (Subject: Screaming Truck ) 
Screaming Truck
On Saturday the 21st in OK my truck sounded like it was screaming at me. I thought it sounded like a balloon that someone was letting the air out. I got the truck home on the 23rd, and started to trouble shoot. I ended up replacing the fan clutch it had over a million miles on it. This isn't the issue. Yesterday the 27th I took the truck to Rawze's , and we took the turbo apart. Nothing going on the inside of the turbo. So, the way home I stop by Peterbilt here in Jackson to get a turbo mounting gasket. This morning I decided to start replacing the the turbo gasket. I took off the air cleaner the whole assembly, and saw a broken bolt on the intake. I took off the "EGR hot pipe" that goes down to the EGR valve, and it is full of sledge. What will cause this, and how do i fix that.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Screaming Truck
Is this engine demandated or factory? If demandated then it is likely moisture/condensation mixed with old carbon - Nothing to worry about as there is no flow through that pipe. If it is factory then it is likely you have a leaking EGR cooler.
replyreply
This is 871 demandated.
replyreply
Palmolive dishwashing liquid works, cleaning it up.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Where on quick serve can I look up torque specs?
replyreply
(12-28-2019 )74bassman Wrote:  Where on quick serve can I look up torque specs?

In Quickserve go to the ISX manual, then to engine assembly. It should be under Intake and you will find the specs.
replyreply
I click on service, and see manuals but not for the engine assmbly.
replyreply
I see it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
You may have to poke around, but they are there, I just had my intake side apart inspecting it...
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.