Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Pwr Steering Gearbox - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Pwr Steering Gearbox (/showthread.php?tid=5635)

Pages: 1 2

Pwr Steering Gearbox - Smooth - 12-30-2019

International CM870 Engine not that matters with this scenario I do not think anyway

Replaced Main Compressor, afterwards the Pwr Steering system is sucking Air and pushing it out the reservoir.
Replaced on lines / hoses for system.

I have been told there is no way the compressor is back feeding air into the Pwr Steering Pump???

So that just leaves the Gearbox that is 6 Months old.

Any thoughts before I go to replace this expensive / pain in the ___ Gearbox lol

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Mr Hagg - 12-30-2019

Was steering pump removed? If so maybe has air in system. Jack up truck steer all the way lefthold for a second then to the right .. DO this a few times and should get all air out

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Smooth - 12-30-2019

Yes Pump was removed and have bled system over and over but seems to be sucking air somewhere. But I will try again

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Moose - 12-30-2019

Was the filter changed in the reservoir? I've seen blockages collapse the suction line and cracks in both halves. They seem to vibrate at idle like crazy...

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Chamberpains - 12-31-2019

Is it pushing the oil out after you put the cap on the reservoir? My 9400i churns PS fluid fairly hard when the trucks running.

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Smooth - 12-31-2019

Filter has been changed and is pushing out after put the cap on. I turn it all the way to left and leave it and after a few minutes it will quit boiling. Then when I turn it back to the right it starts again. And whines

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - tree98 - 12-31-2019

I don't see how it could be the steering box. I wouldn't mess with that. Its something you had apart.

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - snailexpress - 12-31-2019

Download how to purge air instruction from gear box manufacturer, drain everything and start over.

RE: Pwr Steering Gearbox - Smooth - 12-31-2019

Gearbox has not been apart , it is 3 Month old