Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Pass Thru Device - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Pass Thru Device (/showthread.php?tid=5741)

Pages: 1 2

Pass Thru Device - DieselDan - 01-25-2020

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck communicating with their ECM using Calterm with any other pass thru device besides Inline? I have a DG Tech DPA 5 and will be attempting it tomorrow. Wish me luck

RE: Pass Thru Device - DieselDan - 01-26-2020

Just an update - this ism 350v cm875 only has the 1708 6-pin connector. I'm successful communicating via Insite however failing to communicate via Calterm.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Does Calterm require 1939 to communicate?

RE: Pass Thru Device - Rawze - 01-27-2020

(01-26-2020 )DieselDan Wrote:  Just an update - this ism 350v cm875 only has the 1708 6-pin connector. I'm successful communicating via Insite however failing to communicate via C@ltr!m.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Does C@ltr!m require 1939 to communicate?

use the weather-pack connector and get on the oem harness j1939?.

RE: Pass Thru Device - DieselDan - 01-27-2020

Unfortunately this is on an Advance Terex Mixer so unless I'm missing something I don't see the 9pin j1939 connector anywhere.

In the meantime I was able to hook the ecm up to another mixer (Oshkosh) that did have the j1939 connector.

Let me start by saying.... Wow. Even with Mama's milk in hand I think I'm opening up Pandora's box.

Going to take my time and try to decipher through everything as this cm875 ECM has a lot different parameters than the guide.

On a positive note I've already successfully gotten out of Rom-Boot mode once.

Rawze, I can see you cringing now

RE: Pass Thru Device - Signature620 - 01-28-2020

ISM and ISX are very different engines - Use @m*m^2 as a book of principles only when working with the ISM/QSM.

RE: Pass Thru Device - DieselDan - 01-28-2020

Thanks for that advice Signature620!

Gas tuning via hptuners/EFILive has nothing on this!

It seems like the logic is embedded pretty deep. I can see why it's important to make all the necessary provisions when tuning one of these.

RE: Pass Thru Device - Rawze - 01-30-2020

(01-27-2020 )DieselDan Wrote:  ... so unless I'm missing something

yeah,.. your missing something .. the 'Weather-pack' connector is a 3-pin triangle OEM plug build into the engine harness.

RE: Pass Thru Device - DieselDan - 01-30-2020

Ahhh - unfortunately I don't have the adapter to my pass thru device. I will have to order one.

Thanks brother!!!

RE: Pass Thru Device - Unilevers - 01-30-2020

you cant flash through that plug, the ecm turn the engine side 1939 off when flashing. But for diagnostics is great.