Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? (/showthread.php?tid=6413)

CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - Evotrucker - 07-17-2020

Back again folks! With my Frankenstein cm870 build :p.

So I thought I had algae issue in my tank but I think the fppf killem did it’s job, now my davco is looking like it’s got oil in it....

A mechanic told me it’s probably the injector or injector cup or a sleeve?

I replaced all of the injectors when I was rebuilding to motor, i reused the head at that time of the rebuild. What are the chances of the head going out on me?. Fml.... I just got back to work after 4 months of nothing but dirt cheap freight. I don’t need this right about now.

I replaced my carrier bearing last week and now this.... it never stops man, one thing after another lol.

RE: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - tree98 - 07-17-2020

Send a fuel sample to the lab and find out exactly what it is instead of guessing. Maybe it isn't even oil

RE: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - Evotrucker - 07-17-2020

(07-17-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Send a fuel sample to the lab and find out exactly what it is instead of guessing. Maybe it isn't even oil

You think getting a sample from one from both tanks and then one from the davco would be smart?

RE: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - tree98 - 07-17-2020

Just grab one sample from the davco, that should do just fine.

RE: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - hhow55 - 07-18-2020

Go to quickserve, and checkout "sympton search".

RE: CM870, injector going bad? Maybe? - Chamberpains - 07-18-2020

definitely send a sample out. Its waaaay cheaper to find out you got some funky fuel or something got tossed in the tanks accidentally than to replace engine parts then find that out.