Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Chassis Node fault code 5128 - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Chassis Node fault code 5128 (/showthread.php?tid=7031)

Chassis Node fault code 5128 - gndhog2263 - 02-10-2021

Im new here and looking for help with 2016 Pete 579, Chassis Node fault code 5128. I took it to the dealership and they wanted to charge ne $7500 to change2 chassis harnesses they said rubbed together caused this fault and also stopped my windshield washer fluid from working. Any suggestions? [attachment=7520]

RE: Chassis Node fault code 5128 - Rawze - 02-10-2021

pull all battery cables and let it sit for 30 min then re-connect.

paccar chassis controllers are flaky and need a hard reset on occasion.

RE: Chassis Node fault code 5128 - Mattman - 02-10-2021

$7500 for two harnesses is a lot of money.

Did they say what harness and where they rubbed?

Had something similar on my truck. Found dirt in loom around harness had rubbed a few spots in my harness. Took a little work, but I was able to find the wires by pulling the loom back and looking. Fixed the bad spots and a year later no troubles.

RE: Chassis Node fault code 5128 - Chamberpains - 02-12-2021

It should definitely be noted anytime someone says they repaired a wiring harness, they should state what process they used to repair it.

People automatically assume they can just use any old way to fix harnesses. This more often than not leads to future electrical nightmares.

The only 2 ways I've ever had success in the long term repairing harnesses is to either completely run a new wire end to end with new pins or to properly solder splice a new wire in and heat shrink protect the splices. Simple crimp butt connectors WILL NOT work 100% of the time. Especially on sensor and 5v curcuits.

Any other process has lead to failure of some sort.