Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
CM871 ECM failure - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: CM871 ECM failure (/showthread.php?tid=8160)

CM871 ECM failure - dhirocz - 04-12-2022

Well, one of the few parts I didn’t replace during my inframe, the ECM, looks like it decided to quit today.
I’m getting a stop engine light, engine stall, and a flurry of inactive codes, with the active code being ‘ecm power lost with ignition on’. I can start the engine, tap the ecm and it stalls. Likewise, I can tap the ecm with the ignition on and it will cause the fuel pump prime and a number of other things to stop and start all over again. All about the time the engine comes up to temp.
Is there a common failure point in these (ribbon cable, solder joints) that cause these types of issues in these ecms or am I pretty much doomed to a new ecm? It has @m*m^2 in it so I’m trying to be mindful of that when going through my options.

RE: CM871 ECM failure - Signature620 - 04-12-2022

Pull the file with calterm. Put on a new ECM and download the file to it. Usually a ribbon connector shorts out on the casing of the ECM - Probably best left alone. The ECM case opens up like a book and both sides are siliconed down. They usually get destroyed when you try to open them up.

RE: CM871 ECM failure - dhirocz - 04-12-2022

That’s it? Just put the new one and flash it? Shouldn’t be an issue.

Just need to put calterm on my scanning laptop. I’ll let you know if I have issues. Thank you!