Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Lucas Ingredients - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Lucas Ingredients (/showthread.php?tid=8419)

Lucas Ingredients - Truckdriven - 09-03-2022

Is there any documents available that show the real ingredients of Lucas oil Additive? I would like to have something to show these people that are die hard believers that it will make there engine last an extra million miles. then they wonder why it shows wear at half a million already.....

RE: Lucas Ingredients - hhow55 - 09-03-2022

https://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer

100%petroleum, as stated.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - Bengy88 - 09-03-2022

I don’t buy that Lucas actually helps an engine but I also don’t buy that it hurts it…. As long as you continue to use it corrrectly after you have started using it. 90% of the time if an engine is showing wear or damage that early it’s from neglect or abuse. Not oil additives. Seen too many engines well over 1million miles that have had Lucas religiously put in them since new.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - Rawze - 09-03-2022

Actually, the MSDS sheet for hauling it gives it away.

100% 110-grade dyno oil with up to 40% olefin polemers in it.

-== 'olefin polemers' is a simple 'stop-leak' for an oil system.

There are no anti-wear additives in it whatsoever according to any documentation that i have ever seen.

My opinion:
What a scam, especially knowing they get more money per gallon than oils that have a decent additive package, eh?.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - tree98 - 09-04-2022

Is it the olefin polymers that make gummy bears in your engine?

RE: Lucas Ingredients - Rawze - 09-04-2022

(09-04-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Is it the olefin polymers that make gummy bears in your engine?

yup. looks like nasty gummy-bears as it dries.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - 74bassman - 09-05-2022

I will just keep using gear oil in my oil.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - Toolguy - 06-02-2023

(09-03-2022 )Truckdriven Wrote:  Is there any documents available that show the real ingredients of Lucas oil Additive? I would like to have something to show these people that are die hard believers that it will make there engine last an extra million miles. then they wonder why it shows wear at half a million already.....

Go to YOUTUBE, Youtuber "Ford Tech Me" Lucas additives, he sent both Reg and Sys to Blackstone Labs and both had no additives to help.

RE: Lucas Ingredients - Rawze - 06-02-2023

(06-02-2023 )Toolguy Wrote:  
(09-03-2022 )Truckdriven Wrote:  Is there any documents available that show the real ingredients of Lucas oil Additive? I would like to have something to show these people that are die hard believers that it will make there engine last an extra million miles. then they wonder why it shows wear at half a million already.....

Go to YOUTUBE, Youtuber "Ford Tech Me" Lucas additives, he sent both Reg and Sys to Blackstone Labs and both had no additives to help.

it also says that in the MSDS sheet for the stuffs too.