Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Overheated isx - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Overheated isx (/showthread.php?tid=8935)

Overheated isx - Petegraintrain - 05-23-2023

Buddy of mine has a cm2350 isx and he was in the middle of pulling a hill when his fan hub decided to seize up completely. Which obviously means his water pump also stopped. He says his coolant guage was at 300 when he shut it down... how scrwd is he? He thinks it'll be fine... I'd be worried

RE: Overheated isx - Rawze - 05-23-2023

ISX engines do not like to be overheated at all. Typical outcome for what you describe is a blown head gasket a few months later or less.

All they can do is pray like all h$ell in the mean time that maybe they got away with it.

RE: Overheated isx - Bengy88 - 05-24-2023

Seen a lot of cracked heads after just one time being ran hot.

RE: Overheated isx - RollinCoal - 05-24-2023

This poor victim I had to inframe and replace the head due to the injector cups leaking, not to mention the eching in the casting between 3 and 4 from the blown gasket

RE: Overheated isx - SquareOne - 05-26-2023

Man, when I was looking at trucks, I would study these abuse reports (along with all the other ecm info), just to make the decision to fly out and physically see any truck I was interested in. The amount of trucks I came across with some rough reports were pretty damn surprising. High coolant, high oil temp, plenty of 'low coolant time,' some low oil pressure time...I came across one with a handful of hours logged in the crankcase pressure column on a fairly low hour engine.

The truck I bought was just about the best I could find as far as abuse went and it still logged 30 sec of Severity 1 coolant temp and 8.5hrs of Severity 1 Engine oil temp within the total engine hours of 8900.

RE: Overheated isx - Rawze - 05-26-2023

(05-24-2023 )RollinCoal Wrote:  This poor victim I had to inframe and replace the head due to the injector cups leaking, not to mention the eching in the casting between 3 and 4 from the blown gasket

someone better pray like h$ell that block has not gotten etched between those cylinders. If so, then its a boat anchor.

RE: Overheated isx - RollinCoal - 05-26-2023

block wasnt hurt, ran hot enough the liner seals filled the oil pan with coolant