Whining noise CM2250
07-01-2024, (Subject: Whining noise CM2250 ) 
Whining noise CM2250
have a 2011 cascadia with a CM2250 engine. I hear a low sounding moan or whining noise coming from driver side of engine, especially above 1000 rpm. I took my stethoscope and pinpointed noise at its loudest directly behind fuel filter from the fuel filter head/ ECM cooling plate. I wrapped a fuel line with fuel line hose where it attached to plate with new clamp. No difference. Installed new fuel pump over 2 years ago. Any thoughts ?
replyreply
RE: Whining noise CM2250
How many miles are on it and when was the high pressure pump rebuilt last?
replyreply
Is it intermittent? Does it occur only in the lower RPM ranges (then abruptly go away), or after a fuel filter replacement? Is it a whine or more of a harmonic hum?

If the above info sounds like your issue, I believe it has something to do with the fuel lines and banjo fittings (wear possibly, but can't remember for sure). There was an updated fuel line which needs to be installed with the newer revision of the high pressure fuel pump. Not sure if you completed that the last time the internals were replaced, but it may be a good idea to find out.
replyreply
07-03-2024, (Subject: Whining noise CM2250 ) 
SquareOne: I believe the updated fuel line you are referring to is not something you can overlook or forget to change. One pump had the line connect to the underside of the actuator while the other pump connects on the top of the actuator. The line needed is completely dependent on the version of the pump.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Rawze
07-03-2024, (Subject: Whining noise CM2250 ) 
(07-03-2024 )JimT Wrote:  SquareOne: I believe the updated fuel line you are referring to is not something you can overlook or forget to change. One pump had the line connect to the underside of the actuator while the other pump connects on the top of the actuator. The line needed is completely dependent on the version of the pump.

Yep, that jogged my memory from back when I replaced my low side of the high pressure pump. You are correct....that's exactly what it was. Thanks for clarifying.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.