2009 ISX 15
08-06-2024, (Subject: 2009 ISX 15 ) 
Sad 2009 ISX 15
So I found out this 2010 T2000 actually has a 2009 engine in it. It has something called "Smart Torque" WHICH I HATE! Maybe that might have something to do with the fact that I never know how much boost/power I will have available. I can be pulling a hill and occasionally I might actually see 35ish psi and if I have to downshift to keep it 1600-1700 rpm like say on a 6% grade, like north of Yreaka, well do the downshift and plant my foot back firmly down but now maybe it might come up to only 20 psi and another shift is needed because it won't pull in the gear I just shifted to. Not consistent from one hill to the next, or even one shift to the next. Or how about when I get up to around 2000 and I upshift but now I don't get that 35psi and it won't pull it in the gear I just upshifted to because now I only see 20-25psi. A couple of times below 20 and falling as if somebody cut the throttle off. Very frustrating! I did the carbon clean out stuff on the left side and I just checked the small tubing on the exhaust manifold pressure, changed the intake manifold pressure sensor........... No difference. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!
replyreply
08-07-2024, (Subject: 2009 ISX 15 ) 
RE: 2009 ISX 15
What make/model engine?... a CM871 ISX?...

35 psi sounds low for a CM871, even for one set at lower HP ranges. Should be more like 36-37 in a hard pull .. or 38 max.

- And are you sure its the 'smart-torque' feature or other problems?.

By the way, there are about 28+ different ramp and rate limiters within various model ISX engines ... so the boost itself being lower than normal may be something totally unrelated to the smart torque feature. Here is a list of all of them typically found in the engine...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...6#pid63796

==============================
== What is the engine ser# (The esn#)?.

== What make/model truck?.

== Do you know what program has been flashed into the ecm?.

== Is it the truck/engine de-mandated (deleted)?.

Mileage, some history, etc.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-08-2024, (Subject: 2009 ISX 15 ) 
Woah! 28 parameters! Yikes! I think it is a cm871. It’s in a 2010 T2000 but the tag on the cam cover says 2009. No deletes have been done. I’ll post the serial number soon
replyreply
08-09-2024, (Subject: 2009 ISX 15 ) 
If you don't have a cheapo-o datalink adapter and Insite then that should be your next investment.

-- It is an ISX ... They love to be worked on. Also, all the info for them, parts lookup, repair procedures, etc. to anything you need is available for free for them. that IS their only and biggest advantage for owning one.

-- Everyone who owns a red engine should go get themselves a cheap win10 laptop and a $300 "inline-6 data-link adapter kit" off amazon or somewhere else so that they can become self reliant on troubleshooting it, to keep it away from over-priced $$$ repair shops every time a check engine light flashes, or it acts up.

===========

Also, its not de-mandated,.. so when is the last time you did a full EGR tune-up on it?. - It needs to be done about once a year to keep the engine running healthy and for it not to be in a constant state of silent derates...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...pid=9#pid9

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yes it is definitely a CM871. EGR comes around from the back of the engine. I did clean out the intake manifold and EGR and the small tube and exhaust manifold back pressure sensor. I put in a new IMAP sensor. This was done about 5000 miles ago. I saw the air compressor intake does not have the 90deg elbow so I suppose that means the compressor is getting some carbon in it too. I wonder if it would be better if the IMAP sensor was farther forward to be ahead of the soot? Anyway because it didn’t seem to help much then I started thinking about the “smart torque” BS. Seems like something other than me is telling it that we don’t need all that boost/power. That’s the part that just kills me. Also the inconsistency of boost/power. The old IMAP sensor was pretty packed with carbon. Cummins did the inframe with new design cylinders about 40,000 miles ago. Sounds like I need that data link cable
replyreply
- With the software, you can monitor the 'Fuel Control State" and it will tell you exactly what is controlling the engine (via its fueling) and why it might not be giving it full power/torque at any given moment.

replyreply
08-30-2024, (Subject: 2009 ISX 15 ) 
Pay attention to rawze instructions and videos. I ran into similar problems I pull heavy. B train. 100k pay load. 140k gross. He as well as my wife have by far been the most help to me. Saving me thousands of dollars by doing more myself. If your commmimh from a pre Emmisions to the 871 there is a huge lag between pre emission response and the 871. But once you get them dialed in that’s a different story.

I wondering what your dpf state is like. That will cause a huge delay in getting the exhaust out
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.