ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal
09-27-2026, (Subject: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal ) 
Post: #1
ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal
I have a CM871 with a bad screeching/squeal that comes and goes, not consistent. Only does it when using Stage 3 Jakes loaded.

No other issues, pulls stong, strong jakes etc.

Where and what should I start looking at?
replyreply
09-27-2026, (Subject: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal ) 
Post: #2
RE: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal
Usually exhaust manifold/turbo gaskets, but could be loose hardware if work was done recently. If the slip joints are in a bind especially when hot could momentarily cause a brief squeal that goes away after awhile.. Or the manifold itself could be warped if original high mileage or a cheap aftermarket.. Just my opinion dealing with my old 870 that had the exact symptom..
replyreply
09-27-2026, (Subject: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal ) 
Post: #3
RE: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal
marek is correct that is the most common cause. it should be noted the nuts that hold the turbo on are one time use if they were re used after recent turbo removal they have likely started backing off
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , marek4792
Yesterday, (Subject: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal ) 
Post: #4
RE: ISX CM871 Turbo Sceech/Squeal
(09-27-2026 )Livingston Trucking Wrote:  I have a CM871 with a bad screeching/squeal that comes and goes, not consistent. Only does it when using Stage 3 Jakes loaded.

No other issues, pulls stong, strong jakes etc.

Where and what should I start looking at?

This kind of noise is never the turbo.. despite it sounding like it...

older forum references for this ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid15618
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid22387


User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply




NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.