The Mothership needs an MPG Boost
05-19-2016, (Subject: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost ) 
RE: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost
(05-18-2016 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  Engine isn't even broken in yet. From what I remember, my 2013 Volvo had about the same fuel mileage as you are getting now until I got past about 50k. Then it slowly started to get better and better from there. It stopped getting better at around 100k and now I am in the low 7's with 366k on her.

You are also on brand new tires. That will effect fuel mileage, big time.

I don't know if anyone else will agree with me or not, but my advice, keep on trucking.

Just my experience.

I just put my own truck on the road finally yesterday.. First load out .. It was in-framed by myself, and has all brand new pistons, liners, bearings, head, etc. and I counter-bored it too, and it has 3 new injectors. --- SHE BROKE 8.6 MPG ON HER FIRST TRUE FILL-UP going from Georgia, then it headed to North Carolina, and Then to Missouri (second fill-up) with 25K in dry-box that does not roll too good.. Average to location on it is 8.1,.. so IT IS STILL SHOWING II IS UP A BIT!-- New injectors perhaps?

Truck is doing great so far, but it is early to tell. I would have thought that fuel mileage would have dropped way off too,.. but it is not showing it so far. It also has a gallon of Supertech 80/90 gear lube in it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mothership needs an MPG Boost - Rawze - 05-19-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.