X15 Turbo Actuator failure?
02-10-2023, (Subject: X15 Turbo Actuator failure? ) 
RE: X15 Turbo Actuator failure?
Ok to start… is this truck demandated?

Second. In my experiences (I’m not saying it can’t) but I’ve never had a vgt actuator cause the exact issue you are describing…. I have had a turbo clogged with soot cause something really similar to this and 90% of the time when a turbo is giving issues the first thing to code is the vgt actuator. I know you said they checked the turbo but who’s to say they actually knew what they were checking. We will all tell you that 90% of dealership mechanics are just parts changers and just throw parts and guess. I know from experience…. I used to be a dealership mechanic. I would also be interested in the health of the circuits to the vgt actuator and the ecm it’s self. Just thinking out loud here. Some of us could tell you a little bit about what’s going on if you had insite hooked to it but without it we can only play guessing games.

Also. I wonder what the condition of the fuel pump is with over 500k miles on it. The problem you are having could be completely un related to the turbo or vgt and more fuel related.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Josiah Harder

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 Turbo Actuator failure? - Bengy88 - 02-10-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.