X15 Turbo Actuator failure?
02-11-2023, (Subject: X15 Turbo Actuator failure? ) 
RE: X15 Turbo Actuator failure?
(02-11-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Did someone have the actuator off right before this started happening? If so they might not have calibrated it and now the ecm doesn't know what position it's in. To me it sounds like the turbo is choking the engine off. You don't show a clear view of the tach in those videos but from what I could tell it doesn't appear to be rev-ing it seems to be dropping rpm from idle speed.

If you had insite you could take the actuator off and inspect the turbo VG ring

https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

and if it checked out you could then calibrate the actuator and put it back on.

You could also run the hysteresis test (turbo test)with insite, and a fuel system leakdown test.............for about $300 you could get an inline adapter and the software needed to stay far away from the parts changers who will only drain your bank account and leave you stuck on the side of the road somewhere. What exactly was the inactive code that it had? We're all just blindly guessing here with zero information to go on.
Hey yeah you're right it's not reving it's just dropping rpm from idle speed. No one had that actuator off before this happened so it wouldn't be a calibration issue. I'm not sure what the exact code was but it was for the VGT actuator is what I was told. I'm only 6 months into being an owner operator but Im quite certain I will be investing in the tools to do more work myself after this experience. Been waiting 4 days just to have the shop look at the truck and that's the case everywhere it seems. I didnt think InSite could be purchased by individuals though and thought it costed tens of thousands of dollars. There are some other products like Bosch and OTR performance I was researching though.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 Turbo Actuator failure? - Josiah Harder - 02-11-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.