ISX 15 cm 2250 injector rebuild
11-08-2023, (Subject: ISX 15 cm 2250 injector rebuild ) 
RE: ISX 15 cm 2250 injector rebuild
(11-08-2023 )JaAdam Wrote:  Apologies, my bad I didn't describe/start properly...
Mileage is 550k, the head is new style - metallic plungers (I think they have more than 400k).
I am chasing a Fuel pump high pressure side leak... its drop from 29k psi to 300psi in 20seconds..

The proper procedures that are recommended to solve it.

ALSO.. does not matter what kind of plungers that fuel pump has.. ITS GUTS NEED REPLACING EVERY 400K MILES OR 8,000 HOURS!!!... SEEMS THAT YOU ARE NOT LISTENING!!!.

** #1... replace the pressure relief valve at the end of the rail if it has not been done yet!.

** #2... LOOSEN AND RE-TORQUE ALL QUELL TUBES FOR THE INJECTORS.. GET ALL THE AIR OUT OF THE SYSTEM AND THEN SEE IF IT PASSES!. Many times this will fix the issue if some work was done to injectors, etc. it in its past... many places do not do things correctly.

if it is still leaking too much after #1 and #$2 are done ...

** #3... CAP OFF UP TO 3 INJECTORS AT A TIME TO FIND THE LEAKY INJECTOR(S) using a cap-off kit from cummins. A poppit tester can also be used to find the issue if it is bad enough.. but there are no avail off the shelf for the ISX. One has to be adapted to fit. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...56#pid2556

** #4... (it is fairly rare for someone to get to this point and still not find it) .... IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY THAT IT IS THE FUEL PUMP ITSELF AT THIS POINT!!!>

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX 15 cm 2250 injector rebuild - Rawze - 11-08-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.