QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune
05-27-2024, (Subject: QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune ) 
QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune
Hello, thanks for having me on the board, I need help.

We bought a tractor last year with the qsx15 cm2250, ESN:79702986, 550/2050.

It's been demandated EGR/SCR by the previous owner. EGR is fully blocked on both exhaust and intake sides. When we got it, it was only blocked on intake side and it would blow the rubber hose off between the EGR cooler and valve.

It sounds rough like a locomotive and rolls coal all the time. Changed the IMAP and a couple other sensors early on.

It threw a 559 code and 1943 air density code. We inspected the high pressure pump and changed it to the newest updated version as it had bad check valves in the pump head. Heard they are a time bomb so just swapped the pump to be safe. No other damage inside the pump on the plungers or cam or tappets/rollers.

We changed the barometric pressure sensor. 1943 code still there and is the only active code.

It is currently jumping between air density limit state derate and normal operation seemingly randomly and turning the turbo red at night. I opened the turbo piping up and inspected the wheels last year when I saw it running red but it all looked really nice.

We are assuming it is a bad tune at this point. We have no idea what's loaded into it or what the motor is set at.

The tractor pulls a big air drill and is usually 65-80% engine load all the time, going higher somewhat frequently.

I have an inline 6 adapter and am trying to track down the usual software.

Any advice or help appreciated.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202405/post_6956_1716823162_bac41d450f167ad91e74ebff86fc7516.jpg
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune - 308smk - 05-27-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.