QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune
06-02-2024, (Subject: QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune ) 
RE: QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune
Update:

So it was the tune. Took a couple days to get all the computer stuff sorted, 10 minutes after I reflashed the factory cal back in and the death rattle went away and the motor smoothed out

Then rawze fixed us right up. We were able to take it out tonight on the land and WOW, he gave us a whole new tractor.

Same field/implement/conditions as before:

-Doesnt smoke. At all.
-Way lower engine load, 10 to 15% less.
-Went from 18-20gal/h to 16-18gal/h fuel rate
-RPM holding steady, doesnt lug going through wet spots anymore.
-Turbo no longer bright red, just a slight glow at night under heavy load. Have a pyro kit on the way.
-Max boost we saw was 33psi at 89% engine load, avg 26-31.
-Significantly smoother running engine especially at idle.

Last Friday we were having SO much trouble with the engine, derating, shutting down. I actually bought a vgt delete kit and turbo, fully intending to just make it "simple", like our old n14s and cm570s. I assumed the tune didn't know how to run the VGT properly, or that the actuator was sticking open and that was the cause of our overboost/derating issues. Then I spent the weekend reading this site and it all made sense. I didn't go to pick up that kit and I got my money back.

Rawze, thank you for all your help and sharing your knowledge. You sorted us out so fast(literally overnight) and spent 40 minutes to go over everything with me. That tractor would have been sitting for weeks without you. Truly appreciated and if you're ever up here north of Winnipeg, come for supper and stay over.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze , windowrattler , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: QSX cm2250 derating/bad tune - 308smk - 06-02-2024

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.