Coolant reservior tank
10-16-2016, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
RE: Coolant reservior tank
(10-15-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  I just bought one from Napa for $275. I like it because its white and you can see the coolant in the tank. Good for if your oil cooler decides to spit or fuel gets into the coolant. I tried to Line X my old tank.....fail.

I have had guys over here who have used jb-weld, fuel tank repair epoxy, 2-part epoxy, and about 5 or 6 other products. None seem to work well for very long. It is damn near impossible to fix one with epoxy etc. as oil leaches out of the plastic and makes it not stick. The proper solution is to grind out the crack and re-weld it.

I have welded a few and patched them, using a heat gun to soften the area + and big soldering iron or plastic welder.

I have welded up my bumper and rad tanks, and all things plastic and it works quite well once you get the hang of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant reservior tank - Rawze - 10-16-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.