ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
05-11-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
Maybe I'll explain my thought process for using a 30 weight oil.

I work in the oilfield hauling oil and water. I load and unload using a gear driven product pump and I always run my pump at the same speed (750 rpm at the pump shaft)

When I'm unloading crude oil into a oil facilities plumbing, the pressure guage will show that I am pumping at 80psi of pressure. When I go look at the flow metre, I am unloading at 1.1m3/min.

When Im unloading water at the same place and at the same rpm, I will have 75 to 80psi which if I were to only go by that..... would have me thinking I am unloading slower when in reality, my flow rate is 1.9m3/min.

I run this 5w30 under the same principle. High volume which will make it so more oil can easily be shot up to the cams and they are better cooled by sheer volume.

Now keep in mind that I am not a mechanic, I am a driver who's only mechanical knowledge is what I've gained working on my broke down trucks so I would love to hear from the guys that have real world knowledge of such things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems - Brock - 05-11-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.