Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-23-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-19-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  
(03-19-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  debated doing the head kit and or replacing the compressor. And from what Cummins said, it stays on the motor. The head is held on with 5 or 6 bolts, remove the lines on the top, remove the bolts, remove the head and gasket. Replace with new parts and bolts, torque bolts in a criss cross pattern. Clean soot out of lines and re-install. I think that is about it. And of course clean the top, I would think that you would want to bar the motor to get the piston at the top so debris does not fall in the cylinder.
THANKS! Do they have to adjust compressor head to get correct timing along with what Rawze shows here?
UPDATED LINK https://youtu.be/8mHEUnHgKoI?t=2m45s

I don't know, not that far yet, just got the oil pan off and all looks gorgeous under there! I caught her in time! My new radiator I raved about is junk, I'll post on that later, new OEM one going in along with a new fan and clutch... Fan had two cracks in it, one that I knew of, another I never saw... When we get to the compressor I will report back.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-23-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.