Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-25-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-25-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  Sounds great!
Rawze said something in the past about cross drillings on the rockers getting blocked. Since you're using the old ones, you might want to make sure they are squeaky clean! Don't want anything to happen to new cams.

Nothing like a fresh engine! Hope it's everything you're paying for!
I'm already planning for the time we do ours even though its at 660k.
Next is rods and mains.

Thanks in2!

Yep, talked about the rockers and getting everything cleaned out and squeaky clean! Told him I would help, he laughed in a good way and told me no, he will take care of it.

I have been up a couple of times to see what is going on... They let me head right into the shop to inspect, the guys are great, and I try not to get in their way or overstay my welcome. Brought doughnuts the other day... I told Jamie the mechanic to take his time and please do a fantastic job. I know he will get sidetracked with other stuff coming in, and told him if it takes a few days longer not to worry, I don't want to rush him. I told the owner of the dealership the same, don't rush him, do it right the first time. Everyone appreciates my attitude, and I like what I am seeing in the shop.

I'll tell you, Cummins is damn proud of their parts, they went up at the first of the year, ALLOT! I've been calling to check pricing, and man, I'm getting a better deal on much of this stuff from the dealer! Get ready for some sticker shock is all that I can tell you. I think right now I'm at $34,000! Most of that is parts, they are only charging me $6700 for labor, and I have one hell of a laundry list!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-25-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.