Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-25-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-25-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  $34,000 sounds high.

Allot more going on than just the in frame, and I am going a bit overboard, I just don't want any problems down the line... We are going through the entire system... The only thing left will be my rear ends, which seem to be fine. This will be a new motor and trans when we are finished, all new parts, nothing remanufactured.

A new drop in reman motor from Cummins was $36,000 plus install. Last year it was $28,000... My in frame gets me a new trans and new motor complete for $34,000. The price is not in stone, it will be less, right now it is at $32,093 and I still have rebates coming. I am budgeting for $34,000.

Oh, I get a full cummins warranty and labor...

And like I said earlier, Cummins up here has jacked their prices through the roof on many of these parts for the CM-871. I was told one of the reps stated that they know it is time for these motors to start coming in and they are really screwing us. And I have heard that from two other local shops I interviewed to do this in frame.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-25-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.