Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
03-26-2016, (Subject: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
(03-25-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  When I do mine, I will show all the costs. Looks like it will be in the next couple weeks. Wife needs some more dental work done, and it will be more convenient to just go ahead with the project while she is back home. -- She came home today, and the Alternator failed last night with no warning. I guess 960,000 miles is taking its toll on everything.

She had to fire up the APU and use its alternator to get the truck home. I put a 120-amp alternator on it a couple years ago and wired it so it will run with engine if need be. Good thing I did this, as this was the second time It came in handy.

Good to hear she made it home safe! Dental work $$$$$

And yes, the costs floored me on all of this, but I did my due diligence and priced most of the parts beforehand and was really pissed at what Cummins has done to us guys that own these motors.

And yes, the mileage takes it toll... More than a few parts I thought would be saved are now being replaced. The more they dig, the more they have found, not so much internally, but the parts and pieces around the motor... For just the in frame, new head and new cams I think it was right around $18,000 give or take. Then all of the other stuff came into play that I did not know about, thanks to several here on the site, and that number quickly skyrocketed. The injectors alone were $4200... When I get mine back I'll post all of the numbers too...

If you are able to do this work yourself, and really pick your parts sources carefully, like buying online, I think these numbers could be cut by a third or more.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... - Waterloo - 03-26-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.