Who can tune this thing right?!
06-14-2017, (Subject: Who can tune this thing right?! ) 
RE: Who can tune this thing right?!
(06-14-2017 )barf Wrote:  I'm guessing that you run Australia's outback and your engine stays at a fixed rpm when running?

Only from what I've read on this site; an engine that constantly stays at the same rpm like one powering a ship or a generator do not require a VGT. If you're doing a lot of shifting, starting, stopping, changing speed then your engine will run more efficiently with one.

I'm sure Rawze's blood pressure went up reading that one.

I'm not too worried about people's blood pressure. I've actually done the mechanical work and tuning to my truck and compared. No I don't run at constant speed an rpm all day , I do a huge variety of work from short haulage with light weight to long and very heavy stuff. I also do this work traveling with other trucks set up with vgt's , and I can tell you the difference when both engines are properly tuned is nothing I would be dragging other drivers over the coals over . I see a lot repeating what they have read without having actual facts. Too my knowledge no one here saying it is a step backwards has actually done it to say it's s fact . I have .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , ashdan2010 , barf , un_yun

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who can tune this thing right?! - AussieISX - 06-14-2017
RE: Who can tune this thing right?! - Unilevers - 06-29-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.